Roasted Tomatoes With Shrimp and Feta
Roasted tomatoes with shrimp and Feta
- 5 large tomatoes cut into eighths
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- ¾ tsp kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 ½ pounds medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup feta crumbled
- Heat oven to 450° F/240°C/Fan 220°C, set oven rack to the top position.
- Place the tomatoes in a large baking dish and toss with the olive oil and garlic and salt and pepper (to taste). Roast for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir in the shrimp, parsley, and lemon juice. Top with feta.
- Return to oven until the shrimp are cooked through, 10-15 minutes. Serve warm with crusty bread or pasta.
This was one of my first seafood recipes, the first time I made it I was so anxious about over cooking the shrimp, but they’ve never come out overcooked. It is thee easiest tastiest thing I know how to make. If you do serve it over pasta – you’ll probably want a little bread to soak up the amazing brine.
I haven’t changed a thing off the original, there’s nothing to change. I found it in Real Simple Magazine I think back in 2004 or 2005.
One thing I consider doing is cooking dry pasta, rice or couscous in this.